Howard Miller’s Grandfather Clocks LIMITED WARRANTY
This product has been manufactured using only the very finest of materials and has been thoroughly tested prior to leaving our manufacturing facility.
Howard Miller warrants to the original consumer/purchaser or recipient that this product will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for a period of two years from date of purchase. Howard Miller’s obligation under this warranty shall be limited to repairing the product with new or renewed components or, at its option, replacing it with a new or renewed product. This warranty does not include damage to product or components resulting from abuse, accident, alteration, climatic/environmental conditions, damage beyond normal use, freight damage, mishandling, misuse, or unauthorized repair.
HOWARD MILLER DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY. IMPLIED WARRANTIES ON THIS PRODUCT SHALL BE IN EFFECT ONLY FOR THE DURATION OF THE EXPRESS WARRANTY SET FORTH ABOVE AND THEREAFTER, THERE SHALL BE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, (INCLUDING MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE), ON THIS PRODUCT.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or the limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
Before pursuing service, ensure that all instructions provided with your Howard Miller product have been carefully followed. These instructions will provide detailed information to answer most questions. Contact the Howard Miller web site (www.howardmiller.com) for a list of frequently asked questions that may conveniently resolve your problem or answer your questions.
In the unlikely event that your clock appears to be malfunctioning or requires repair, in NORTH AMERICA please call one of our Repair Technicians at (616) 772-7277 (extension #386). OUTSIDE NORTH AMERICA please call your distributor or agent. If they determine that the problem cannot be easily resolved, they will help locate a Service Center in your area.
Before calling, please have the following information available. The model number and serial number can be found on the Product Information Label (see General Information.) Model Number: ______________ Serial Number: ______________ Date Purchased: ______________ Where Purchased: ______________ Brief Description of Problem:____________________________________________________________________
Please also have these instructions and the sales receipt or other comparable proof of original purchase available at the time of your call.
Most problems can be quickly resolved without returning the clock for service.
PROCEDURES TO OBTAIN REPAIR SERVICE
1. Contact the Dealer from whom you originally purchased the Howard Miller product or a Howard Miller Service Center. Service charges will not be paid by Howard Miller for any repairs not performed by a Howard Miller Service Center.
2. You will be required to provide a copy of the sales receipt or other comparable proof of original purchase to obtain warranty service.
3. Provide the Dealer/Service Center with the Howard Miller model number and serial number and a complete description of the problem.
The Dealer/Service Center will make arrangements with you to service the product and/or to order any required parts from Howard Miller.
4. Howard Miller Dealers and Service Centers do not need prior authorization for service and repairs. The Dealer/Service Center will provide the necessary service and charge the party responsible within the guidelines of the limited warranty.
5. Return Authorization is required for all returns to Howard Miller. If you have been given authorization to return the product to Howard Miller, you will be provided with a Return Authorization number (RGA#).
Please include this Return Authorization number, above your name, on the address label. Also include a copy (original receipts should never be submitted as they can not be returned) of the sales receipt or other comparable proof of original purchase. Returns without prior authorization or proof of purchase may be subject to additional charges and delays. If a return is necessary, please package clock in the ORIGINAL packaging. Failure to properly pack the clock may cause damage that is not covered under warranty.
NON-WARRANTY REPAIR SERVICE
Charges will result for repair services if a sales receipt or other comparable proof of original purchase is not provided, if instructions were not followed, if the product is beyond the Limited Warranty period or is otherwise outside the scope of the Limited Warranty.
MINOR ADJUSTMENTS NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY The following minor adjustments are not covered under this warranty. Repair service and/or parts to correct these adjustments are at the consumer’s expense.
1. “Set-Up”. Set-Up instructions have been provided with your Howard Miller product. (As a Customer of 1-800-4CLOCKS, you may well be eligible for our FREE IN-HOME Set-up).
2. Mechanical Movement Oiling and Cleaning. The movement in your clock is a mechanical mechanism and, therefore, requires periodic oiling and cleaning depending on climatic and environmental conditions.
Under normal conditions a movement requires oiling with high quality clock oil approximately every two years from the date of purchase.
Please contact a qualified clock repair person or Howard Miller Service Center for this service.
3. Replacement of Suspension Spring. Replacement instructions have been provided with your Howard Miller product. Please return broken suspension spring to Howard Miller for proper identification. Replacement suspension springs are available from Howard Miller.
4. Pendulum, Timing, and Chime/Strike Hammer Adjustments. Instructions for these adjustments have been provided in this publication.
FREIGHT DAMAGE NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY It is the responsibility of the consignee to claim any freight loss or damage directly with the carrier. If the carton indicates signs of “visible damage”, instruct the driver to note the damage on the freight bill. If the carton contains “concealed damage”, notify the carrier and request in writing within 14 days of product receipt a carrier inspection and damage report. Failure to notify the carrier within 14 days of product receipt may waive your rights to a damage claim.
WE HOPE THIS IS AS CLEAR TO YOU AS IT IS TO US AT 1-800-4CLOCKS ;). Have questions? Feel free to call us any time at 1-800-4CLOCKS (1-800-425-6257).